Sunday 25 April 2010

Just another weekend...


So this weekend I had a great time. On Friday night I had what is known as a McGarryokie Night, it's basically an open mic night where people who are pupils and expupils perform covers and original music and that.. it was a MASSIVE success, we raised £658 for The Institute Of Cardiovascular Research. - we did it for them becuase they deal with heart problems and strokes and one of my best friends has recently got a pace maker, so its all quite close to home.

Saturday, I got up and I studied and studied cause I am a cool kid like that... and my first exam is in less than a month haha... then I went through to Stirling and met up with Jamie (the new boyfriend- well he's not really "new" we've been together for 8 months now) and go to his gig with his band The Colony (who i have now made my personal mission to help get them a following) when I got to the venue, I will admitt I was a tad worried, there was like no p.a kit, the lights didn't work cause there had been flooding and stuff, plus the other bands were a little bit.. i dunno none of us got a good feeling from them. Then we went for subway - yay! and then back to the venue for doors... no one pitched up... then at like 20 past most of Jamie's mates pitched up and it started getting really fun. The rest of the evening just got more and more enjoyable and because we were all a little tiddled and we were all mates with The Colony we were all rather excitable when they came on, and regardless of the poor sound quality and the fact pete (the singer) counldnt hear himself so was rather flat it was probably the most fun I have had at a gig in a long time, and as much as I didn't really like the style of music the boys played last time I went to one of their gigs this time generally the actual music was so much more to my taste which was awesome, becuase tbh Im not gonna say it was amazing and I loved it if I didn't but I did and I had a great time. Unfortunatly after the gig was over and we'd been to a pub for a couple of drinks then decided to go to a nightclub I didn't get in becuase the bouncer unfortunatly could actually count up to 18, knew I was only 17 so me and Jamie went home and went to bed..

Today was pretty good, woke up, was handed toast, got up and bought cake, went for a nice walk and then got the bus home, had waffles for lunch, studied for the majority of the afternoon and then watched Doc.Who (OMG I WANT THE NEXT EPISODE NOW!!!) and then studied some more, then "rediscovered my internet identity" which was nice haha
hence the blogging.. Im going to try and keep it up for the majority of summer if I can.

Well night (:

M
xxx

No comments: