Friday 2 October 2009

CV and things and stuff

Personal profile:


Adaptable and ambitious with effective organisation skills keen to take on the daily challenges and rewards of working. Enjoys Arranging meetings or events and able to exercise good judgement and sound reasoning. An effective team worker with excellent interpersonal and communication skills and the to organise and motivate staff.



Interests & Hobbies and other relevant information

I am involved in many activities within school and the local community. I have been a member of the school Netball team for the last three years and have been Captain for the past season, I have also been a member of the school Hockey team and through that I have achieved a UKCC level 1 coaching award. I have been on three school ski trips and achieved level 3 ESP international skier qualification. I enjoy acting, singing and being involved in the technical side of theatre, as a result of this I have been in two school shows and a one act play and was a member of the Perth Youth Theatre company for two years. I spend a lot of my time on my music and have achieved my Grade 5 violin and Grade 2 Music Theory, both Associated Board of the Royal Schools of Music. I have also recently been successful in auditioning for the Perth Youth Orchestra. I am also a member of the school choir and school String group who have both competed in Perform in Perth. I also enjoy reading, going to live music, swimming and writing. I have a good knowledge of computer skills including word and excel.

I have basic French skills. I was a member of the school pupil council for a year.


personal statement


Every little girl wants to become a pop star and see themselves on MTV or Top of the pops. Instead I have always been fascinated by the way that the technical crew and management worked.

Ever since I was young I have always been drawn to the music industry. When I was five my parents bought me my first violin and I started lessons soon after. Then when I was nine my parents renovated an old hay loft and cattle shed on the farm we lived on into a music venue. I remember going to my first live gig and being in complete awe at the confidence and skill that the performers seemed to have and the way that the backstage crew could work together, sometimes without even speaking and create an appropriate atmosphere for their performer to work in. From then I have never looked back.


Meeting so many different members of the music industry throughout my childhood has inspired me, not to be in a band and be famous, but be the person behind the famous face, to go out and find the talent and make them into the next big thing. I have good organisation skills that I have developed through my work at Quake Central Sounds as a stage manager and through my involvement with school productions and events. I love to know that I'm the one behind the scenes making everything run smoothly. I have tried my hand at performing and have been involved in school shows and theatre productions. I also have had to do presentations and talks at year and house assemblies so I have the confidence to stand in front of a large group of people and perform or speak and get my message across in a simple yet effective way.


To think that I will be out in the workplace dealing with problems and overcoming difficulties appeals to me. I am a strong team leader but can also take direction and appreciate other peoples opinions. Through my work in The Meikle Restaurant at Crieff Hydro I have learnt how to deal with difficult customers and make them feel at ease.


I love to learn new things and I take every opportunity I can. I have been on many school trips both within Scotland and abroad. My experience on the French Exchange gave me a glimpse into a different culture and made me more confident about being somewhere I'm not familiar with and only have a basic understanding of the language. I always aim to be the best, I don't ever settle for “second best” or “scraping through,” because of this I have developed a very good work ethic, in my studies and in the workplace.


Overall I'm an enthusiastic student who wants to be the best that I can possibly be. I am an effective team worker and I know that I have the qualities, attitude, skills and qualifications to be an asset to your team and I look forward to discovering what I can do for you.



No comments: